8:46 AM Comment2 Comments

Everyone knows them... that self-absorbed idiot on Myspace or Facebook. The Camera Whore. The one with 10000 pictures of themselves sitting in front of their webcam making a "mysterious" pose, sometimes referred to as the Myspace angle. No one knows what drives this narcissism. Is it an inner insecurity? Or is it a hyper-inflated ego coupled with ones desire to look attractive and enigmatic? The Camera Whore seems perfectly content and confident in their self-indulgance, giving off no signs of insecurity. They can be striking the myspace pose, showing off unimpressive cleavage or their flaccid non-muscular abdomen and still they enjoy the pleasures of their own looks, having fantasies about friendly facebookers or myspace addicts coming across their photos with compliments in hand. Unfortunately for the Camera Whore, most all of the comments on their photos are wise-cracks, like, "Don't pose too hard, you might break the camera," or "This is cute, in a pedophile kind of way." Maybe this negativeness is what drives them to take more and more pictures in hopes of getting one that everyone loves.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but what happens when two self-absorbed Camera Whores looking for human connection get together? More pictures, with kissing. Before you get excited, don't. It's quite cookie-cutter actually. The basic pose is closed eyes, closed lips, closed minds. Presumably they are imagining it is a mirror standing infront of them as they snap the picture. They use this kind of self-promotion to show the world, "I can kiss too!" They try to take them in different places with captions like, in my bedroom, on the couch, in the kitchen, ON A BOAT! (cause thats funny). But even with their different "scenery" the kiss is still the same dry, emotionless, narcissistic kiss as always. What's interesting is the few pictures where they aren't kissing, both parties look like they're having a blast *end sarcasm*. The question really is, why would I look at this? The answer, I don't know. It is one of those so-disturbing-but-you-can't-look-away things. And you just have to think, what goes through this persons head and why do they think people care about what it looks like when they kiss? Haha, why do I care enough to write a blog about it? I'm bored. That is my answer for everything.

Now you may ask, how can a self-professed prophet criticize others for narcissism? I have two things to say to that (just so you don't bother). First of all, I am simply describing the inner mind of the Camera Whore. While my words may seem negative or critical that is simply the way you interpret the words, a Camera Whore however would only interpret the words flat-chested and non-muscular as negative as they thrive on self-indulgance and narcissism. Secondly, the name Party Prophet (if you've read the post about it) is an ironic name, well more of a misnomer, as I have no qualities of a prophet, especially in charisma and intellect and also I am not much of a Party type either. And yet, I somehow feel that blogging is the next closest thing to narcissism there is, especially when no one reads your blog. Wow! I just ruined this blog for me. Don't worry next time I'll write about the Facebook Creeper and the Blog Narcissist.

2 comments:

PuLP Nogood said...

I read it

The Party Prophet said...

that is good...

Post a Comment

The Party Prophet. Blogger FAQs