9:31 AM Comment0 Comments


I don't really know what to write about, because things seem uninteresting to me lately so I'll write about the impending doom that is the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the movie adaptation). Who knows what will happen in this iteration of the Harry Potter adventure, unless of course you read the book. This is why I will not be attending this matinee or likely any of the following showings in theaters. Despite the fact that I'm a sucker for hype and tend to do whatever the TV and slash or the interwebz tells me to do. I'm not much of a Ad-savvy person. Speaking of ads look there are ads in the sidebar, that I hope don't still say anything about "Sexy Iranian Singles."

Anyway, personally I'd much rather see an original movie concept instead of a story stolen half-assedly from a book. To be totally honest I did not even like the books, they were good entertainment but they definitely don't constitute good literature (not to be a lit-snob). I just think it would be better *Spoiler* if Harry died at the end of the series, but no he sacrifices himself but survives anyway. It would have been a full circle; his parents sacrifice themselves for him and he sacrifices himself for the world. Frankly, I was looking forward to rioting in the streets worldwide at the advent of Harry's death, but JK Rowling was still writing for the children she had started with years earlier as we've apparently not grown up whatsoever. Anyway this week I'd rather see something funny, and clever, and original (there is originality in Hollywood).

As of now I'm looking forward to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (circa 2010) and before you call me a hypocrit, the story follows a completely different tale of Alice's return to Wonderland when she is 17 (no this isn't through the looking glass). Never been done before, therefore more original than HP6. And besides, just think, Lewis Carroll's twisted, satirical mind captured by Tim Burton's creepy, fantastical directing with the Mad Hatter portrayed by the one and only Johnny Depp with Helena Bonham at his side (but not really) as the Queen of Hearts, doesn't it sound amazing? Well at least I think so. But I and everyone else must wait until 2010!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Party Prophet. Blogger FAQs